This is a career enhancing opportunity for a Senior Architect with the ambition to become an Associate, within a prestigious RIBA chartered practice.
Established over 30 years ago, the company’s innovative design have won them a range of awards and have built a strong network of external consultants. They now look to bring on board a Senior Architect on a permanent basis to further strengthen their team. With a team of 22 in their Kent office, the practice is a well-established name, with a diverse range of projects across the residential, commercial and leisure sectors, both in the UK and internationally. Leaders in housing design, they are committed to providing an excellent hub of learning for all members of staff.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be taking projects through from conception to completion whilst managing your own workload. You will be responsible for the following tasks day to day:
- Leading multidisciplinary teams and liaising with internal and external team members, clients and third parties
- Managing projects across all RIBA work stages
- Delivering projects within agreed resource and cost limits.
- Preparing and producing technical drawings packages and construction detailing
- Regularly visiting site and managing all coordination with third parties
- Managing relationships with clients and maintaining communication to a high standard
- Assisting and advising with other ongoing projects as needed
This role is a career enhancing opportunity for a Senior candidate with the ambition to become an Associate.
Required Skills & Experience
The successful applicant should have strong leadership skills and be happy to take on board responsibilities such as; meeting project deadlines and working independently and collaboratively as part of a team as well as the following;
- UK ARB registration (RIBA Part-III)
- Knowledge of UK construction industry legislation, practice and procedures
- Experience working on residential, commercial and leisure projects within the UK
- Have a strong design portfolio
- Confident co-ordinating design team activities
- Experience of working on a varying workloads and tight deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD
Salary & Package
The successful applicant will be offered a salary of up to £50,000, depending on experience. In addition to a competitive salary, the company offers a pension package and an annual performance based bonus scheme.
The successful candidate will be working in a team of 10 people, from an office designed by their own staff in Sevenoaks, Kent. The Sevenoaks train station is just a 5 minute walk and a variety of shops and local amenities are also nearby.