Senior Facade Architect / Manager
A multi-award winning and highly reputable practice in Canary Wharf with four different, internationally based offices in London, New York, California, and Canada.
Established in 1934, the practice is run as a full-service architectural practice, and has developed an outstanding reputation for their technical expertise and design excellence; as demonstrated by their prestigious design award and competition wins.
The practice has developed a diverse portfolio of projects in the United States, Canada, South-East Asia, UK, and around the rest of the world; covering projects in a wide range of sectors including commercial, hotels, cultural, residential, institutional, mixed-use development sites, large-scale buildings, retail and entertainment, and airports and transportation centres.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will direct façade/cladding teams on major projects and oversee the production of cladding packages to RIBA Stage 4. You will be regularly attending meetings to coordinate with the Design Architect, client and other consultants in order to determine the best façade design outcomes; whilst also carrying out site inspections and factory visits. The job role will include tasks such as:
- Provide technical solutions to cladding design intent
- Confidently discuss and comment on cladding principles with cladding trade contractors and façade consultants
- Attend meetings and coordinate with clients, the Design Architect and consultants
- Provide design sketches, specifications and write reports as required
- Witness performance tests
- Carry out site inspections and factory visits
- Lead façade educational training sessions within the office
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Structural Engineering
- Knowledge of relevant standards and codes for facades and services
- Excellent report writing skills
- Must have an excellent understanding of façade engineering design and build-ability, including material knowledge and installation techniques
- Flexibility to meet various demands of the company
- Strong written and verbal English language
- Will ideally be a member of ‘Society of Façade Engineering’ and ‘CWCT’
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary of £55,000 to £65,000 per year, depending on experience.
The practice is based in the well-known, beautiful location of Canary Wharf. It is less than a 5 minute walk to the local station and other transport links; as well as reputable high-end retail stores, restaurants and bars nearby.