A recently established and growing firm based in Highgate offering flexible hours and the opportunity to work in the Caribbean as well as the UK.
Established last year, the company offer two locations of work for the successful candidate, working from an office in Highgate or Bath and predominantly in high-end and traditional buildings in the UK and internationally. They use the finest of materials using stone, granite, marble, and other luxurious materials on their projects, ensuring that their client receives the highest of quality as an end result.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be working on a unique high-end classical style building (resembling a palace) in the Caribbean. You will be expected to work alongside the Director and a number of other team members but working very much independently under your own initiative whilst being proactive within the role. Working through all RIBA stages you will be focusing a lot on the technical stages and running the project from start to finish. You will be expected to liaise with contractors, sub-contractors, the client, and will eventually be seen as the ‘go-to’ person within the company.
As the project is in the Caribbean you will be expected to go out on site at some point and work there for as long as needed, so flexibility to work outside of the UK is key for this role.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working as a Project Runner or Project Architect for a minimum of 3 years
- Extremely strong technical skills and experience working through RIBA stages 0 – 7
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and other computer software such as Photoshop and Sketchup
- Professional experience in the UK and strong knowledge of UK building regulations
- Experience working on traditional/classical buildings would be advantageous but is not essential for -The role providing the candidate has an interest in the history of traditional Architecture
- Experience working on Greek traditional buildings would be a bonus
- Knowledge in Revit would be advantageous but is not essential
- Strong communication skills and able to liaise with clients as well as all members of the team
- Happy to spend time researching when required
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary of £45,000 – £50,000, but this can be higher for the right experience.
Working within a new expanding company you will play a big part in the growth of the practice as well as having the chance to work on an extremely unique project.
You will be given the opportunity to travel whilst working and grow as an individual whilst picking up new skills and learning along the way. The company are also very flexible with working hours and this will be open for discussion for the right candidate.