Located in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, Richard Clark Chartered Architects are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Architect/ Architectural Technologist to join our practice. RCCA is a long established, successful, award winning practice with long standing partnerships with house builders and private clients. We pride ourselves in providing a very high standard of service at all stages of the architectural process.
- Developing the practice and expand client base
- Manage and organise the preparation of comprehensive drawing packages
- Leading the team both internally and externally to delivery.
Qualifications, experience and skills
Applicants should have the following qualifications / experience with a proven track record in delivering projects within the residential sector:
- Degree in Architecture or Architectural Technology plus 5 years of practical experience
- Or minimum 10 years of practical experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of current UK Building Regulations and Standards in the house building sector.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision on construction drawings/building regulations requirements.
- Experience of using Drawing Express / AutoCAD
- Produce detailed works instructions, material specifications and schedules of work.
- Knowledge of Sketchup would be an advantage.
- Good general IT skills
- Driving license and transport essential for meetings with clients and site visits.
The successful candidate(s) will have the ability to plan time and prioritise work, be enthusiastic and self-motivated and have an attention to detail. Be able to produce accurate and detailed construction drawings to current Building Regulations standard. Understand technical and professional aspects of work and continually maintain technical knowledge. As this is a client facing role, good interpersonal/presentation skills as well as good spoken and written English are essential.
Career development prospects
A salary to attract the best candidates
Flexible working hours
The opportunity to work on a variety of building projects with varied construction methods.
A friendly working environment
Please send CV and portfolio to:
Richard Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 7th April 2017
Interview dates from: 18th April 2017