5 days left
- Full Time
An award winning practice based in a truly stunning village location in Oxfordshire, have an amazing new role for an Associate architect to join them. Offering the chance lead and shape the design direction of the business and long term career prospects, this is a great opportunity for the talented and ambitious design led architect.
The practice is based in the south of Oxfordshire in a stunning listed building on the riverside with some great views. Established over 25 years ago this practice operates teams of Urbans designers, Planners and Architects; all working closely together to achieve a high level of planning approval. This design led practice works on wide range of projects across residential, education, conservation and sustainable housing.
Role & Responsibilities
- Promoting a high quality “design culture” in the office through increased exposure of staff to high-quality architecture and place-making, and the benefits of good design.
- Responsible directly to the Partners and capable of taking instructions and managing/supervising other staff for the effective management of projects and staff within the office.
- To develop and promote the culture and values of the Partnership to all staff.
- A high level of personal and professional integrity and trust commensurate with the position of Associate. In this respect particular emphasis on supporting company policy and collective decision-making is expected.
- To be a pro-active member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and work with the other Associates and Practice Manager in ensuring effective and efficient management of the business.
- Effective client liaison at all stages of projects being worked upon.
- Preparing project programmes and timetables for projects in the office.
- Advising on, and managing teams of suitably skilled staff for larger projects.
- Maintaining a high level of skill and professionalism in all areas of architecture and project management to ensure the effective delivery of commissions from inception to completion with the emphasis on ‘getting results’.
- Assisting the partners in the recruitment of new staff to suit skills requirements,
- Assessing and planning workload within the office (both short and long term), monitoring project progress and advising upon allocation of resources accordingly.
- Regularly monitoring of project fee expenditure.
- Assisting the partners in developing and maintaining an effective marketing strategy.
- Assisting in raising the quality of work produced by the partnership, in monitoring the quality assurance systems and checking of work produced by other prior to dispatch.
- Assisting the partners in developing the practice, particularly in respect of new sectors of work and in the growth of services offered by the partnership.
- Acting on behalf of the partnership in the absence of the partners and in the representing the partners at social events, client negotiations etc.
- Regular project design and technical reviews.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a Senior Architectural Role in the UK
- Chartered Member of the RIBA would be an advantage
- Experience managing performance of teams
- Track record of delivering architectural projects across all work stages
- Excellent design skills in both concept and detailed design
- Experience of standard building contracts including, particularly the JCT Minor and Intermediate forms
- Contract administration in relation to building contracts using the above delivered on time and on budget
- Track record within the residential, commercial and educational sectors
- Ambitious and motivated to drive the business forward
- Demonstrates strong leadership
Salary & Package
The role would offer a salary of £45,000 to £53,000 depending on experience along with a number of benefits such as a contribution pension of 3%, payment of professional memberships, award-winning training and support programs.
-Supplied a company laptop computer.
-31 days holiday a year with an increase of a day a year for 5 years.
The office is located near the centre of town with easy access to the local shops and restaurants. The team meet up every day for tea and sometimes cake to discuss current projects, and at lunch may have a quick game of table tennis in the staff room. They have regular social events such as team nights out or a barbeque in the office garden which looks out on to the Thames. The office offers flexi hours working, allowing greater flexibility for work-life balance. Candidates will be trained and kept up to date on projects such as regular site visits on current projects or buildings that demonstrate great design to help inspire you.
Apply for Associate Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly