Technical Coordinator or Senior Architectural Technician
1 day left
- Full Time
The opportunity for a Technical Coordinator or experienced Architectural Technician based in Reigate to join a sustainable living housing developer during a large period of growth. With excellent benefits on offer, career progression and a dynamic role to be shaped, this is not an opportunity to miss.
My client is a housing developer passionate about sustainable living, and this passion is at the core of all of their developments and business endeavours to support the buildings of the future. Their housing requires the development of off-site panelling facades which comes together to form sustainable housing.
Based in Reigate, the team is built up of project managers, coordinators, technicians and property services. Due to an increase in work such as the winning of new business and key clients for a development of over 200 houses, they now require a Technical Coordinator or experienced Architectural Technician to join the team.
This job role will see you producing accurate working drawing packages to enable any given residential development to be built as intended and to obtain all necessary technical approvals, alongside drawing construction details for standard offsite housing range and procure design drawings at pre-tender stage.
Role & Responsibilities
- Preparation of details and drawings in a range of Autodesk products, such as Revit, BIM360 for both standard housing range and bespoke housing
- Design and coordinate design drawings at Tender Stage, works include drawings and design methodology
- Manage and liaise with external designers, offsite factory and design & manufacture suppliers
- Liaise with external bodies, principal Designers and Engineers to provide site wide drawing package
- Site visits will be necessary to establish site constraints and to assist site teams on construction matters
- Produce house type drawing packages and liaise with key suppliers to provide ancillary drawing information.
- Co-ordinate information and liaise with internal/external architects, civil and structural engineers
- Manage site as agreed with the Technical Manager from design stage to post completion.
Required Skills & Experience
- BTEC HND/HNC in Design or Construction or several years relevant experience in a similar role with a residential developer
- 5+ years' work experience in a design office environment and 12 months recent experience working within a residential house builder
- Design/drafting experience within housing sector and preferably offsite or innovative manufacturing environment and working knowledge of Code for Sustainable Homes
- Competent in at least one of the following; AutoCad, Revit, or BIM360
- Proficient IT skills including MS Office software packages and knowledge of other design packages (Photoshop, JPA designer, sketch-up)
- Must have a working knowledge Construction Techniques and preferably experienced in a construction environment
- Have a CSCS Card
- Be able to draw freehand and have an accurate eye for detail
What you get back
- Salary of £45,000+
- Free nearby parking minutes from the office
- Excellent travel links
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Technical Coordinator or Senior Architectural Technician job in Reigate, Surrey - Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Miranda Job Ref: 10376)
Apply for Technical Coordinator or Senior Architectural Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly