Chartered Designer DfMA Specialist
A unique opportunity for a Chartered Designer with DfMA (Design for Manufacturing and Assembly) / offsite manufacturing experience has become available for a growing practice in Central London. Offering exceptional benefits including social events, office perks and career progression, this is an opportunity not to miss!
My client is a multi-disciplinary design partnership of specialist teams working collaboratively in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Communications, Sustainability and Planning. With a reputation as leaders in the field of prefabricated sustainable design, a niche role has become available for a Chartered Designer to join their growing team.
Role & Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the successful day-to-day delivery of projects
- You will work within the Sustainable Futures team and report to a Partner in charge
- Undertake day to day client liaison and coordinate all project information from the client
- Communicate project objectives, project quality plan and project management processes
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of two years post Chartership experience working on medium to large-scale mixed-use and built projects
- Extensive experience of UK urban or suburban housing design, master planning and construction
- A demonstrable interest in the Design for Manufacture & Assembly (DfMA) field
- Excellent project management skills.
- Detailed knowledge of UK residential design standards, building regulations and statutory requirements and understanding of major construction methods commonly used in housing
- Understanding/experience of how developers, contractors, their subcontractors and technical teams procure and deliver residential developments and mixed used schemes
- Good project reporting writing skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships.
- Strong AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp and InDesign skills and experience.
What you get back
- Salary paid depending on experience, all salaries considered
- Lunch provided by an in-house catering team
- Cycle to work scheme
- Study and day trips
- Plus a variety of staff organised social events
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Apply for Chartered Designer DfMA Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly