Part 2 Architect or an Exceptional Part 1, Burpham, West Sussex
We are seeking a Part 2 Architect with two years of professional industry experience to join our boutique sized practice near Arundel, West Sussex. We are a small RIBA Chartered Practice working on an exciting portfolio of residential and commercial projects in the South of England, but gradually expanding further afield within Europe.
As a practice we strive to deliver beautifully crafted, highly functional, quality buildings which settle happily within their landscape. This is a great opportunity to join a growing practice and work on a variety of interesting projects.
What we are looking for;
- Candidates should have strong design, presentation, technical and graphic communication skills and be able to demonstrate an understanding of the RIBA work-stages;
- Development of concept designs;
- A strong working knowledge of construction detailing, UK statutory building regulations and planning policy is essential;
- Confidence and experience in the preparation of coordinated technical, tender and construction information including plans, sections, elevations, details, specifications etc;
- A minimum of two years’ work experience within the UK (for Part II applicants)
- A proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe is essential;
- A team player who efficiently manages their time, deadlines and workload;
- A confident communicator who can build strong working relationships within the studio and with our valuable clients and fellow trade;
- A high standard of written and spoken English;
- We can only consider applicants who have the right to live and work within the UK.
Excellent opportunity for a candidate looking for responsibility and exciting project opportunities within a studio that is steadily growing and evolving. Salary dependent upon experience. A driving licence is key for both access to the studio as well as site visits and appointments outside of the studio. We ask all candidates to take the time to visit our website to determine whether our design style matches with your skills.
Victoria Holland Architecture is an equal opportunities employer and part time candidates may be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Experience: within UK: 2 years (essential)
Location: Arundel BN18 (Required - we will only consider candidates who live in a reasonable commuting distance)
To apply please submit your CV, portfolio and a cover letter (max. file size 7MB).
This is a great opportunity to join a growing practice and work on a variety of interesting projects.
Terms & Salary
• Flexible terms, subject to negotiation, including full-time or part-time hours on basis of Contract, Freelance or Permanent position.
• Salary will be offered dependent upon terms & experience.
To apply please submit your CV, portfolio and a cover letter (max. file size 5MB) detailing your suitability to the role, availability and preferred terms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, please see our website: www.lindleyarchitects.com
The applicant shall hold all relevant permits to work in the UK. Please note we are only able to respond to successful applicants and will not discuss submissions over the telephone.
Applications from agencies will not be considered.
A degree in Architecture, RIBA Part II or equivalent, is required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Researching and developing solutions to architectural problems;
In house model making - mainly study models, but also some presentation models;
In house 3D imaging;
Preparing presentation materials by CAD and by hand for internal and external purposes; including attending client and user presentations and incorporating feedback;
Drafting and amending concept and detail designs by CAD and by hand;
Drafting and amending technical designs and production information by CAD and by hand;
Attending relevant internal and external meetings, following up action points and contributing to agenda items where appropriate;
Attending site meetings and inspections and following up with meeting notes or instructions;
Attending internal project planning and office management meetings and contributing to project and office management where appropriate.
Apply for Part 2 Architect or an Exceptional Part 1, Burpham, West Sussex
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly