Building Consultant, Manchester
Based in Canada House, Chepstow Street, Manchester. Fluency in spoken and written English essential and a knowledge and experience of UK planning laws concerning conservation areas, listed and historic buildings.
The candidate does not need to be an architect.
Experienced Historic Building Consultant.
- Advising clients, architects and other consultants as to how to interpret matters relating to the historic environment.
- Applying and advising appropriate conservation principles and philosophy; statutory national, regional and local legislation relevant to each project.
- Developing, maintaining and promoting standards for the conservation, repair and maintenance of the historic built environment.
- Assisting with developing and encouraging good conservation practice on all projects.
- Developing strategies and preservation plans for the conservation of historic and/or listed buildings.
- Production of surveys of significance and condition of buildings, to be presented in the form of drawings, details, written schedules and specifications.
- Production of appraisals and analysis of character of individual buildings and areas.
- Production of Impact Assessments, Policy Compliance and Justification Statement.
- Providing conservation and design advice to clients, architects and other professionals.
- Negotiating/discussing/meetings with local authority planning officers, conservation officers, English Heritage officers and others; to progress and manage commissions, including presentations to interested groups and parties.
- Attending meetings and communicating with clients and other disciplines to establish their needs.
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as architects, planners, engineers, construction managers and quantity surveyors providing advice to fulfil conservation standards.
- Planning and monitoring resources on projects.
Apply for Building Consultant, Manchester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly