David Money Architects is a design focused and collegial seven strong practice founded in 2002. We are modernists who strive to create practical contemporary buildings that are also soulful and liveable. Our workload has mainly consisted of private residential commissions, but has recently grown to encompass apartment blocks, plus community and retail commissions. Most of our work is in London, but we are currently designing houses in Cornwall and Idaho.
We are strong believers in a healthy work / life balance and our studio culture is a reflection of this, with design outings and weekly practice lunches. Sensible and flexible work hours are encouraged - we love architecture, but we all want to enjoy our evenings and weekends indulging our other passions in life!
We are seeking a conscientious and friendly architect to join our team, in our relocated refurbished studio in South London working on a wide array of projects through RIBA stages 3 - 7.
Architect (8+ years post Part 3)
The candidate should be a technically minded experienced architect capable of handling a wide range of technical drawing and planning packages for small to medium sized projects, £200k - £2m. The role will provide ample opportunity for site work, helping to steer projects through construction phases. Salary £42,000 - £46,000 depending on experience.
For this role we are seeking the following:
- good communication skills (fluent in spoken and written English)
- good design ability, and strong technical detailing experience
- knowledge of building regulations, planning and contract law
- ability to produce construction documentation
- ability to organise a brief, to plan your time to maintain steady progress and meet deadlines
- ability to work well as part of a team within our studio and with other consultants outside of it
- Some UK office experience preferred
- creative problem solving mindset and the ability to present options
- AutoCAD proficiency and Sketch Up skills
If you are interested in this position and think you would be a good fit for us, then we would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your CV and examples of your work to: Rafael@davidmoney.com