Technical Project Architect
Technical Project Architect (Housing)
GHM Partnership have been established for over 50 years, with a portfolio covering a diverse scope of projects we specialise in the provision of architectural services on housing projects throughout the UK. Due to an increasing workload, we are seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Technical Project Architect -with ARB registration - based at our Leeds (Horsforth) studio, to work on some exciting new housing projects.
The salary range would be within £30-40,000 dependent on your experience and abilities.We also offer: Auto-enrolment in our company pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, a Childcare voucher scheme (if already registered), Professional membership fees, CPD Support (in house and external training), free local parking and team social events throughout the year.
Our preferred candidate should have a strong technical knowledge of a variety of current UK housing standards, construction techniques (RIBA Stages 4-6) and experience of delivering, or working on, UK housing projects of between 10-500 units is essential. You should be a superb communicator and be able to quickly establish a rapport and build relationships with our team and clients.
The successful candidate would be working immediately on the delivery of prestigious bespoke housing schemes with our clients - some of the UK’s leading residential developers, housing associations, trusts and local authorities. You would be based at our Horsforth studio, collaborating with other designers, consultants and contractors whilst managing your project specific team; developing as a leader within an exciting and supportive working environment.
There is great potential for career progression within our practice, for the right candidate, as we champion the personal development of all our staff.
As Technical Project Architect your responsibilities would include:
- Creating building designs and technical information using Revit (or similar). Evidence of some work done using AutoCad would also be useful.
- Liaising with construction professionals on the delivery of large and sometimes complex schemes.
- Managing and coordinating the work of a small team of architectural assistants to support your role.
- Working closely with a client and contractor team, within often challenging timescales but on rewarding developments.
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts.
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving in a positive manner any issues that arise throughout the duration of a project.
- Travelling regularly to sites, proposed locations and client meetings.
Our busy and vibrant practice is located on the edge of the lively city of Leeds in an historic building we have adapted for our use. GHM Partnership have a renowned reputation for delivering high quality schemes across a variety of sectors throughout the UK. We have a number of new schemes on our books offering a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced Architect to further their career.
If you would like to join our team as an Architect, we would love to hear from you. Please forward your CV, detailing your specific experience, with a covering letter telling us why you believe you are the best candidate for this role.
Please forward your CV, with covering letter, to email@example.com
GHM Partnership are an equal opportunities employer.