ARCHITECT – INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE - JOB DESCRIPTION
International luxury design house March & White with offices in London, New York and Los Angeles, is recruiting for a highly motivated, committed, all round Architect (Interior Architecture) to join our London studio. The successful person will work on exclusive residential, hospitality and commercial projects.
Education and Experience
You must have a BA or BSc Degree in Architecture, a Bachelor of Architecture, completion of Part III, or similar, with 2-4 years’ post-graduate experience (including at least 1 year in the UK).
As an Architect, you will have experience successfully leading and delivering complex construction and fit-out projects on time, to budget and to completion. You will have experience working on all RIBA plan of work stages, demonstrating exceptional design, co-ordination and time management skills.
- Proven track record in dealing with clients, consultants, contractors and other specialists in a professional manner
- Proven experience in delivering projects from initial concept to completion, to include:
- Concept design
- Developed Design
- Technical Design
- Producing detailed drawings to a very high standard and level of accuracy
- Experience of managing and delegating to junior staff advantageous
- Experience of preparing drawing packages including interior design elements essential
- Excellent concept design and hand drafting skills
Advanced 2D AutoCAD user. Photoshop, InDesign skills advantageous.
- Self-motivated but also a good team member who is able to work quickly and efficiently in an organised manner
- Self-confident and able to cope with criticism of your work
- Organised, and able to manage your time effectively, whilst mentoring junior team members
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven experience in dealing with clients, contractors and other suppliers in a highly professional manner
- Proven experience in developing residential and commercial planning applications and a working comprehensive knowledge of the UK Planning and Building Regulations system is also essential
- Proven knowledge in preparing tender and construction packages (schedules of works, lighting & power, sanitary ware schedules etc)
- Proven experience in creating and developing conceptual designs including the skill of using colour and texture, and the ability to explain these to others
Thorough knowledge of UK Building Regulations, Planning, the DDA and CDM 2015, including the Principal Designer role.
- Preparing and developing a written brief with the client and other consultants
- Ensuring that briefs are fully achieved within required timescales
- Working closely with Senior Architect ensuring deadlines are met within budgeted hours
- Preparing and taking responsibility for the delivery of full design packages – concept designs, layout plans and construction drawings, as well as preparing detailed drawings where required.
- Preparing and presenting design proposals internally and to Clients
- Liaising with other professionals and contractors
- Attending regular meetings with clients, contractors and other specialists
- Building and growing existing client relationships
- Co-ordinating the work of the design team and sub-consultants