SENIOR ARCHITECT – INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE - JOB DESCRIPTION
International luxury design house March & White with offices in London, New York and Los Angeles, is recruiting for a highly motivated, committed, all round Senior Architect (Interior Architecture) to join our London studio. The successful person will work on exclusive residential, hospitality and commercial projects.
As a Senior Architect, you will have experience successfully leading and delivering multiple complex construction and fit-out projects on time, to budget and to completion. You will have extensive experience working on and managing small teams through all RIBA plan of work stages, demonstrating exceptional design, co-ordination and management skills.
A Senior Architect at March & White will have significant experience in high-end luxury residential architecture and interiors.
With a focus on delivery, you will have demonstrable experience in the management and preparation of detailed drawing packages for schematic design, detailed design and technical/tender phases, as well as the technical knowledge and experience to review construction drawing packages, including construction detailing, joinery etc.
Experience of US and international projects would be advantageous. Experience within other relevant sectors would also be advantageous, including in hospitality, retail and commercial sectors.
- Proven track record in dealing with clients, consultants, contractors and other specialists in a professional manner
- Proven experience in managing a small team of architects, designers and assistants
- Proven experience in running and delivering projects from initial concept to completion, to include:
- Concept design
- Developed Design
- Technical Design
- Preparing and developing a written brief with the client and other consultants
- Leading project teams effectively, so that briefs are fully achieved within required timescales
- Working closely with Associate Director on managing resource, ensuring adequate staff is allocated to meet deadlines within budgeted hours
- Supervising the production and taking responsibility for the delivery of full design packages – concept designs, layout plans and construction drawings, as well as preparing detailed drawings where required.
- Preparing and presenting design proposals to clients
- Liaising with other professionals and contractors
- Attending regular meetings with clients, contractors and other specialists
- Building and growing existing client relationships
- Co-ordinating the work of the design team and sub-consultants
- Dealing with contractors, subcontractors and specialists to ensure site works are completed on time and on budget
- Dealing with site/construction problems, RFI’s etc as they arise during construction phase
- Comply with the ARB ‘Architects Code: Standards of Conduct and Practice’
Thorough knowledge of UK Building Regulations, Planning, the DDA and CDM 2015, including the Principal Designer role.