Offering a highly competitive salary and package, this Associate Architect job in Somerset would offer immediate progression to Associate level all the while working on the production of large-scale residential developments.
Established 35 years ago this practice is made up of around 70 people and split across two offices located in the south and southwest of England.
The office is made up of around 18 people and work mainly on large scale residential projects.
Due to increased business in the region they have a requirement for a Senior Architect to join the team in an associate role or with a clear time frame to move to that level.
Role & Responsibilities
- Carry out and oversee preparation of conceptual urban design and planning work, feasibility studies, master planning and development briefs. Oversee the preparation of planning applications
and manage through the planning application process
- Programme work with other directors to ensure that it can be effectively managed within the existing staff resources.
- Ensure that each project, at a planning stage, has a completed Designers Risk Assessment, in accordance with CDM requirements
- Delegate and oversee work to planning staff
- Ensure that each project, at a planning stage, has a completed Designers Risk Assessment, in accordance with CDM requirements.
- Produce Design and Access statements
Required Skills & Experience
- A Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience
- Experience of working with or for large UK housing developers
- Knowledge of Life time homes and housing quality indicators
- Able to work independently and manage a team
- Possess a full UK driving licence
- Experience in the production of Urban design and Masterplanning drawings
- Strong knowledge of the UK planning process
- Good knowledge of the UK housing sector with an ability of win work for the company.
Salary & Package
- £47,000.00 to £50,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Car allowance,
- Company iphone, and laptop
- Healthcare package after six months probationary period.
What you get back
- Social events
- Team building
- Close to local amenities
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge.
All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.