Architect / Architectural Technician
PROJECT ARCHITECT / EXPERIENCED ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICIAN,
PART 2/3 ARCHITECT ASSISTANT
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Greenwich, London based practice for a Project Architect, Experienced Architectural Technician and/or Part 2/3 Architectural Assistant.
Our practice has a varied and vibrant workload, which includes:
Medium/Large residential schemes,
Existing property extensions and alterations,
New build one off house[s],
Mixed use developments,
Schools, offices, pubs and hotels.
If you are applying for the Architect or Experienced Architectural Technician role it is preferred that candidates have 5+ years post education experience and be an excellent job runner, a superb communicator, able to quickly establish rapport and build relationships based on trust and sound judgement and have an adaptable approach in dealing with problems
You should have a good level of technical and computer skills [AutoCAD] and have proven experience of coordinating external consultants and clients.
A good level of understanding of UK Regulations is required.
This is to include:
UK Building regulations,
Green engineering principles and assessment,
Health and Safety,
The Party wall Act.
Within the practice, experience of all RIBA work stages are available for the right candidate.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Creating building designs and sketches and highly detailed drawings using computer-aided design (CAD) applications.
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects
- Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Working closely with other consultant professionals such as structural engineers, building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors, energy assessors and party wall surveyors.
- Applying for planning permission and seeking pre-application advice.
- Applying for full plans submission for building regulations.
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications, tender documents and contracts.
- Specifying the requirements for the project.
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during work stages and construction.
- Playing a part in project and team management.
- Travelling to building sites, proposed locations, carrying out surveys.
- Client meetings
You will be joining an excellent team and a practice which offers the opportunity for development and growth for the right candidate.
Salary is negotiable and subject to experience.
If you are seeking to apply for the role of Architect, Architectural Technician or Architect Assistant position in London, please submit a covering letter clearly explaining the role you are applying for, a CV detailing your specific experience, and telling us why you believe you are the right candidate for the role and provide some examples of work from your portfolio.
CV’s, Letter and Portfolio examples to firstname.lastname@example.org