Senior Architectural Technician/Technologist
This well respected and established practice is looking for an experienced job running Senior Technician / Technologist with a proven track record of designing and delivering projects to join its diverse London based studio.
You will have significant experience and be able to run several on-site projects at the same time, clearly delegating to less experienced team members. We are looking for someone with lateral thinking, clear communication, and a collaborative spirit.
Is this the job for you?
Work ranges across public and private sector, from inception to completion and with values ranging from £1m - £50m+.
As Senior Technician/ Technologist you will lead project teams, write full specifications, and regularly lead or manage small teams internally.
You must be:
- Able to work and manage a small team, and work independently
- Flexible in your approach to a project
- Someone that cares about creating and delivering great buildings and places
- Eager to work on a range of projects within a multi sector studio
- Eager to share experience and knowledge with others working on projects across the company
- Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously
Reporting to the Regional director, you will manage a small team within the studio.
Managing client relationship is a key aspect of this role and will involve:
- Becoming involved at any stage of the process and being able to effectively input with a minimal briefing
- Running multiple or complex projects start to finish, to satisfaction of the client, in profit and on time
- Taking the lead role in taking a project brief, developing initial proposals detail design (in conjunction with a small team)
- Demonstrating awareness of own impact on others within other teams or business areas
- Managing fees and invoicing for projects (with administrative assistance)
- Contributing to winning new work
- Taking a brief and develop initial proposals
- Managing and coordinating the design team and associated professional consultants
- Producing, analysing and advising upon specification, materials selection and detailed design solutions in relation to performance and production criteria
- Producing, managing, controlling and integrating design and production information
- Ensuring compliance with design, legal, statutory and professional requirements for large and complex projects, possibly multiple projects
- Managing the design process or development of a construction project
- Monitoring the financial performance of projects
- A good understanding of developing technical specifications to support work packages
- Evaluating and advising upon refurbishment, repair, reuse, recycling and deconstruction of buildings
- Working knowledge of Revit
- Assessing and prioritising the needs of clients and users and agreeing to the project brief
- Advising clients on methods of project procurement and forms of contract
- Developing the project design, researching problems and producing, developing and advising upon innovative solutions
- Appraising building performance in use and producing, developing and maintaining maintenance management information systems
- Advanced use of Revit with knowledge of Dynamo scripting
What we can offer:
- Flexible work environment
- A comprehensive benefit package
- A contemporary working environment in an excellent location
- A friendly, open and caring culture
- Future opportunity to own the business with us through employee share ownership
If you are interested in joining our team we ask that you include a:
- Cover Letter explaining why you feel you are the right person for this role
- CV covering your professional achievements and experiences
- Portfolio that includes examples of your best projects to show us that you right person for this role
We look forward to hearing from you.