LEES MUNDAY have some new and exciting projects in the pipeline and seek an experienced Architect to join the team in Guildford, Surrey. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a growing practice with high ambitions. A competitive salary will be offered to Architects with the requisite ability and experience.
Established in 2011 by award winning architects, we strive to create well-crafted, beautifully detailed, inspiring buildings. We are looking for the right person to help strengthen and grow our portfolio. Reporting to the Design Director, the successful Architect will be involved in achieving the high aspirations of our clients. The types of project you will be involved in include bespoke high value houses, apartments, and hotel design, including full interiors.
As an Architect, your core responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and using 3-D CAD software
- Liaising with clients, and working with the consultant team, including structural engineers, specialist services engineers, ecologists etc,
- Preparing planning application and building regulation submissions and conducting follow through liaison.
- Specifying and scheduling the requirements for the project and preparing tender documentation
- Site supervision
Architect applicant requirements:
- Architects should have 5 or more years’ experience in UK including planning and technical regulations, and UK based construction methods
- Excellent technical design ability, with a passionate interest in architecture, its history, its technology and its future trends
- High standard of presentation, written and oral communication skills, fluent English
- Strong 3-D CAD capability – we use ArchiCAD. Training available if required to transfer from another platform.
- Good hand drawing and sketching/detailing skills are essential
- Able to work independently and efficiently, with clients, consultants and contractors, and in a team
Our office is situated in a beautiful village location, close to and easily accessible to Guildford. It’s one of the best locations in the South East for those making a lifestyle choice to work away from London.
If you are interested in this Architect position, email a supporting letter, your concise portfolio and CV with any other relevant supporting material, and tell us why you believe you are the right candidate for this role. Only those candidates chosen for interview will be contacted. No agencies.
Apply for Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly