Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist
Are you an Architectural Technician with a flair for residential, commercial, leisure and office schemes? I have landed a new role in Leeds, with a very reputable practice, working on a broad range of projects. This would be the perfect move to boost your progression and career prospects.
- Position: Architectural Technician
- Location: Yorkshire, Leeds
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary/Rate: £24,000-£32,000 DOE
- Randstad CPE Contact: Matt Wright (Brighton branch - 01273 391010)
The company brief:
This well-established practice specialise in various projects throughout the UK and internationally, carrying out projects from concept design through to planning and on to the technical design stages. Their projects include residential, commercial office and leisure sectors, working with private and commercial clients. They pride themselves on their efficiency if the design and management of their projects. They typically undertake projects from a value of £100,000 up to £10m, ranging from refurbishment through to new build. As a result of increased demand for their expertise and continuous growth, this company now have opportunities to take on a couple of talented Architectural Technicians / Architectural Technologists, who are proficient in AutoCAD and with Revit experience.
- Ability to develop your skills and experience within the company.
- A competitive salary offered, depending on experience.
- Good holiday allowance.
- Annual staff team building days.
- Great social scene within the office.
- UK pension contributions.
- CPD training is encouraged and supported.
Your new role:
As a qualified Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist, you will need to work as part of the team, demonstrating good attention to producing detailed drawings, using Revit and AutoCAD. You will assist with the formulating and communication of briefs, to colleagues and cooperating with members of the design team. You will need to carry out studies and design proposals for review, providing a practical and methodical approach to problem solving, working to fixed budgets and within deadlines.
As well as knowing the UK Building Regulations, you will also need to assist with planning applications and appeals. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting residential, leisure and office projects across the UK, as well as international retail projects.
- An Architectural Technician with strong AutoCAD proficiency is deemed essential for your application to be progressed. Expertise in Revit would be beneficial.
- 4+ years' experience within a UK practice.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (including technical terminology).
- Strong verbal and graphic presentation skills.
- Strong organisation, design and technical detailing skills.
- A sound knowledge of the UK Building Regulations and experience of completing Planning Applications.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple jobs.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- The following attributes would be advantageous but not essential:
- Project Management experience.
- UK Driving Licence.
- UK University architectural degree (undergraduate minimum).
What you need to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your details or CV. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Matt Wright at Randstad CPE's Brighton branch, on 01273 391010, for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Apply for Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly