Senior Lecturer in Architecture (Professional Practice)
The School of Architecture and the Built Environment is one of six in the College of the Arts at the University of Lincoln. It has an agenda of academic excellence and is currently ranked 7th out of 49 in the 2019 UK Good University Guide (The Guardian, May 2018). The School has a collegiate, innovative and energetic atmosphere and takes pride in the quality of it’s teaching, research and the student experience as a whole.
The School provides a range of architectural undergraduate and postgraduate programmes with dedicated classrooms, studios, laboratories and workshops that strengthen a vibrant culture of research and scholarship. These programmes include Architects Registration Board (ARB) prescribed and Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) validated BArch (ARB/RIBA Part 1),MArch (ARB/RIBA Part 2) and Post Graduate Diploma (ARB/RIBA Part 3) qualifications. In addition the School offers MPhil and PhD degrees in Architecture.
The School equips students with the understanding and skills they need to operate effectively within a globalised 21st century context of integrated professional practice. The degree programmes achieve this by keeping up-to-date with developments in practice utilising both traditional methods and digital technologies.
The School sees the integration of Professional Practice as vital to the continued success of its architectural programmes.
We are looking for an experienced academic to join the School as a ‘Professional Practice Programme Leader’. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
1. Registered Architect status of at least 5 years in the UK.
2. An excellent understanding of professional practice and management within the UK context.
3. A proven record of teaching professional practice and management within the UK context.
4. Experience of curricular development within a Part 3 programme in accordance with the ARB and RIBA Part 3 professional criteria.
5. Experience of university internal validation procedures as well as external governing body validation.
The successful candidate will serve as Programme Leader for the Post Graduate Diploma in Architecture (Part 3), MArch Professional Practice module (Part 2) and BArch Professional Context for Design module (Part 1), and will be responsible for the following:
1. Act as an internal examiner for the programme and be responsible for the integration of external examiners. This will involve the provision of information to external examiners as well as briefing them on candidates they will be examining and interviewing.
2. Be responsible for organising and delivering the nine weekend Part 3 programme timetable.
3. Be responsible for reviewing student applications onto the programme.
4. Prepare examination papers and organise the examinations.
5. Review and provide feedbck on quarterly student ‘PEDR log sheets’.
6. Provide support to students working in practice during their periods of experience and development as a Professional Studies Advisor (PSA).
7. Organise the Part 3 professional interview examinations which take place twice a year.
8. Provision of detailed feedback to all Part 3 interview candidates after their interviews.
9. Prepare documentation for regular internal course validation as well as external prescription and validation bodies.
10. Organise and deliver lectures for the two university return days for completed Part 1 students on the ‘Certificate in Professional Practice and Management in Architecture’ programme.
Apply for Senior Lecturer in Architecture (Professional Practice)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly