Assael Architecture is an award-winning practice providing architecture, urban design and landscape, interior design and visualisation services across a variety of sectors.
We are expanding our business internationally and have recently established a branch office in The Kingdom of Bahrain. We are looking to recruit a Part II qualified architectural assistant to join our team, to act as the conduit between our London office and Bahraini operation. The individual will be based in London but required to travel and work from Bahrain from time to time.
The main responsibilities of this role will be:
- Liaison between our Bahraini clients and the London based design team
- Preparation of relevant design drawings, specifications and calculations as required
- Preparation of planning documents and liaison with the relevant officials within the Ministries of the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Production of tender documentation as assigned
- To actively contribute to design reviews and internal team meetings
In order to fulfil this role effectively, the right candidate will need to have the right to work in Bahrain, be fluent in Arabic and UK/ European qualified at Part I and Part II.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English
- A confident communicator
- Class of degree 2.1 or above for Part I and merit or above for Part II (or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of Revit and Vectorworks
- Some knowledge of SketchUp and Illustrator
- Some technical and masterplanning work experience
Salary: competitive + award winning benefits
Opening date for applicants: 30 January 2019
Closing date for applicants: 28 February 2019
Looking after our employees is a number one priority at Assael. The practice has been recognised many times for its efforts to ensure that staff are rewarded, supported and given the career and life opportunities that enable them to thrive and reach their full potential. Some of our recent awards include winning The Sunday Times ‘Best Companies to Work For’ Giving Something Back Award 2018, being ranked first place in the Building Good Employer Guide Award 2018 and finalist for Architectural Practice of the Year 2018.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending a cover letter, CV and portfolio to recruitment manager Olivia Cross: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Architectural Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly