Team Leader- Space Management Group
You will be part of the Corporate Real Estate Management Section in the Premises Division of the Directorate General Administration. The Section comprises some 20 people who facilitate inspiring work environments, supporting the well-being of ECB staff and enabling them to excel at their jobs. The Section delivers the ECB’s entire owner-occupier, landlord and tenant services, including managing the ECB’s lease contracts and strategic and operational space planning for buildings with a combined floor area of more than 200,000 square metres and around 6,500 workplaces.
You will lead the Space Management Group, a highly accomplished team of seven to eight professionals, actively pushing the boundaries of what is possible in space management and achieving challenging objectives in a dynamic environment.
You will drive the development of the ECB’s long-term space management strategy, spearheading innovative space management concepts and improvements – such as activity-based working and Planon and SAP IT tools enhancement – which directly impact the work environment and staff well-being.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As Team Leader of the Space Management Group you will:
- coordinate and nurture the team's capacity and ability to deliver high-quality services;
- develop and implement space management strategies and policies to support management in its medium and long-term premises planning;
- monitor the efficient use of space, ensuring the ECB has timely access to sufficient functional office space and workplaces;
- lead the improvement of space management processes and their translation into a format suitable for inclusion in the process handbook, the governance framework and the Planon computer-aided facility management (CAFM) system;
- maintain and improve strategic supplier and contractor relationships that deliver value for money, supply assurance and quality improvement;
- plan and control operational programme budgets, evaluating and monitoring spending and applying corrective actions as and when needed;
- supervise the maintenance of relevant databases (e.g. CAFM), ensuring that data are readily available and that regular status reports are prepared;
- improve engagement with all internal stakeholders, actively driving positive communication and building a solid foundation of partnership in order to create awareness of our function and ultimately achieve our strategic objectives.
You will work in an agile and flexible multi-national environment that offers you multiple and inspiring opportunities to grow and to make a difference. You will drive initiatives and projects that aim to achieve tangible, high-quality results in the field of workplace design and management by engaging daily with people from different backgrounds, with different skill sets and different areas of expertise.
Building smart workplaces through data-driven processes and decision-making will provide you with excellent opportunities to explore and use ground-breaking software, tools and models. You will design, promote and own ideas, actions and results to enhance services and processes that support the core business of the ECB.
Ample learning and training opportunities will empower you to grow both personally and professionally. You will gain hands-on insight into how a fast-paced organisation adapts and responds to new challenges, while increasingly embracing digital and innovative solutions and tools across collaborating business areas. You will learn from peers and share your expertise with a wide range of partners and stakeholders, including professional networks within Eurosystem national central banks and international financial institutions. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens. Qualifications, experience and skills
- a master’s degree or equivalent (see degree equivalences) in architecture, facility management, engineering, business administration or another relevant field;
- in addition to the above, at least three years’ experience in leading a team responsible for space management or similar;
- at least five years’ of relevant work experience in managing contractor and supplier programmes and in driving and improving relationships with stakeholders;
- experience in applying relevant legislation (e.g. workplace regulations such as Germany’s Arbeitsstättenverordnung);
- a proven ability to develop and implement strategies and policies, promote innovation and drive improvement initiatives;
- a proven ability to manage complex, multi-discipline projects involving multiple stakeholders;
- an advanced command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
- an intermediate command (B1) of German.
- You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs. You are skilled at encouraging people to develop their abilities and are able to build up high-performing teams.
For more information on how to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.