Architect/Architectural Technologist/Architectural Technician
S+SA Architects are looking to recruit an Architect RIBA and/or Technologist/Technician (M)CIAT to work at our office in the beautiful spa town of Harrogate. Our practice is situated in Harrogate town centre and is within easy reach of Leeds and York.
Our new appointments will play a pivotal role at SSA and therefore we require candidates with a wide range of architectural skills and an aspiration to develop with the practice.
The successful candidates will work in close collaboration with the Directors to ensure that any work produced achieves the company’s project requirements.
The roles typically require:
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications;
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget;
- Working closely with other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists;
- Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments and working in collaboration with planning consultants;
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts, including appointment documentation and aiding the directors with fee development;
- Choosing the materials to be used and specifying the requirements for the project;
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction;
- Making sure the project is running according to schedule and budget;
- Playing a part in project and team management;
- Discussing the objectives, requirements and budget of a project;
- Consulting with other professionals about design;
- Preparing and presenting feasibility reports and design proposals to the client;
- Advising the client on the practicality of their project;
- Using IT in design and project management, specifically using computer-aided design software;
- Keeping within financial budgets and deadlines;
- Producing detailed workings, drawings and specifications;
- Specifying the nature and quality of materials required;
- Preparing tender applications and presentations;
- Negotiating with contractors and other professionals;
- Preparing applications for planning and building control departments;
- Drawing up tender documents for contracts;
- Project managing and helping to coordinate the work of contractors;
- Controlling a project from start to finish;
- Regular site visits to check on progress, ensuring that the project is running on time and to budget and thus resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
For an informal chat, please telephone Joel Smith on 01423 856999 or email your CV as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Architect/Architectural Technologist/Architectural Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly