NBBJ is seeking an experienced Intermediate Architect (qualified architectural technologist or architect) to work on a range of Science, Education and Healthcare projects in design and construction. Responsibilities will include working with the architectural design team, engineering consultants and contractors to successfully ensure each project’s scope, programme and budget are achieved. The role requires an interest and experience working on large or complex buildings in both client-side and novated roles.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 10+ years of professional experience managing major construction projects
- Qualified architectural technologist or architect
- Past success working with large or complex teams (clients, their agent, sub-consultants and suppliers)
- Ability to coordinate with the architectural design team and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Schedule and coordinate other team members to ensure project programme and progress can be maintained, regularly liaising with the Project Architect and Project Team Leader.
- Collaboratively coordinate with contractors and subcontractors, adhere to budget and programme
- Negotiation skills to navigate competing interests, priorities and conflicts
- Ability to solve project related technical issues through sound decision-making, judgment, and research
- Ability to work independently but consulting with the Project Architect or Project Leader on key issues
- Ability to translate design intent from drawings to physical construction
- Proficiency with applicable Building Regulations, standards, CDM and best practice
- Review and processing of contractor submittals and shop drawings
- Reply to RFI’s, issue clarifications, and Design Change notifications as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience on-site, observing and commenting on level of quality, detailing and finish as set out in the contract documents
- Experience using Autodesk Revit Architecture day-to-day is required
- Some travel outside M25 depending on project location
- Experience with the construction of large or complex projects
- Relationship building skills and organizational ability are key
- Experience communicating with clients, consultants and contractors
View all openings and apply via our website at: https://jobs.jobvite.com/nbbj/jobs/all-jobs
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.