Licensed Architect- Krizevac Project
Licensed Architect- Krizevac Project
Voluntary Position- some expenses paid (see description for details)
Location- Malawi, Africa
Krizevac Project is working intensively with one of the poorest communities in Malawi. Chilomoni is a tightly packed township, there are few opportunities for employment, training or learning, but Krizevac is taking a holistic approach to bring about positive lasting change. The cradle to job approach that we employ means that each member of the community has improved prospects, but most importantly the community are generating their own income rather than relying on aid. Krizevac helps to start not-for-profit business the surpluses they generate support wider community projects such as the children's centre which cares for local vulnerable children.
To support this work and ensure long-term prospects we are investing heavily in a programme of construction works. All building is carried out using hydra-form blocks made in our own yards. Our construction team are headed by engineers and architects, who are supported by international volunteers.
For more information about Krizevac Project visit www.krizevac.org
Throughout 2019 the construction team, are focussing on the completion of a large community and school hall. The successful candidate for this position will focus on concept through to detail designs for 1- a primary school 2- a secondary school and 3- a shrine area situated on Mount Michuru.
To support this project we are seeking:
1 x Architect – (Licensed)
-Needs assessment and site evaluation
-Establishing and facilitating the design process of each scheme
-Working with local architects, engineers and client representatives to discuss and finalise designs
-Production of all designs from conceptual to detail
- Liaise with planning commission, issuing drawings for planning review and consent
-Providing on-site support and supervision to design fellows working in the field
-Ensuring best practice, facilitating the exchange of design knowledge and expertise and inspiring innovation
- Experienced Structural Engineer or Architect required
- Miniumum RIBA Part II qualified (for Architects)
- Proven experience in a range of RIBA work stages, from Concept Design to Construction
- CAD proficiency essential (AutoCAD / Revit / Sketchup / Rhino)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully liaise and coordinate with external consultants (particularly Structural Engineers and other associated trades)
- On-site / job-running experience would be a bonus
- Experience working on concept/detailed design of Primary/Secondary Schools, or large-scale Masterplanning projects would be a bonus
- Open-minded and adventurous
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines for yourself and junior assistants
- Ability to quickly adapt designs to changing external circumstances
- Patient and accepting of new working cultures and methods
Krizevac Project will fund pre-agreed expenses for the volunteers (flights, medical vaccinations and insurance, visas, accommodation and food) for the duration of the stay, but there is no salary or stipend. All volunteers are housed in the peaceful Mitsidi Volunteers Village.
Volunteering for Krizevac Project is an exciting and possibly life-changing experience, your skills can help to end poverty and everyday you are with us you see the difference you make.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your current CV or phone 01543 888494 for further information. The deadline for applications is 25th January 2019; applicants must be available for a face-to-face UK interview in our Staffordshire office.