Ackroyd Lowrie is a fast-growing, innovative architecture practice based in the creative hub of East London.
We work across a range of sectors and scales but always with the same commitment to design quality. We have developed an award-winning design process which uses VR technology to put our clients at the heart of the design process.
Our focus is on creating inspiring places to live, work and play, and we are currently working on exciting regeneration and refurbishment projects in the commercial and residential sectors. Our long-term aim is to be on the cutting edge of designing the cities of the future.
We are looking for an ambitious architect with excellent experience of running projects on site, and client facing. This is a perfect opportunity for a proactive, reliable, organised and go-getting individual that wants to become part of a vibrant young team.
- Site experience and contract administration are essential.
- Candidates should have experience of client-facing roles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across the board are required to interact with clients and team members alike.
- Great project management skills – the ability to manage multiple projects and teams.
- Have great IT skills and be numerate and able to use a spreadsheet.
- Have an interest in innovative technology.
- Good technical skills are essential - we will ask all candidates to talk through a 1:10 detail in the interview, and we expect confident knowledge in this area.
- Software skills: Vectorworks/Revit.
- Experience of the following would also be an advantage: NBS Building/Create, 3DMax, Rendering.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of post-part 3, preferably in the UK.
- RIBA stages from 0 to 7.
- Working on contract values between £750k and £25m.
- Working on both refurbishment and new builds.
- Sufficient experience in the UK to steer a project through the construction process.
- This is a permanent position immediate start date.
Working with us gives you:
- Salary – dependent on experience, but in the region of £40-50K p.a.
- Training and development opportunities, with high potential for career development.
- Revit training as standard.
- Opportunity for equity/share options in a growing small business and potential for future directorship.
- An office environment that is friendly, flexible and multicultural, with a sustainability commitment.
- Regular social activities and an annual trip abroad.
- Being part of a committed equal opportunities company.
How to apply:
- ****Independent applicants only - NO agency appointments considered ****
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Please only contact us at the email address given below and not directly to the office.
- Please apply using this link and not via the RIBA website... thank you: https://ackroyd-lowrie.breezy.hr/p/4b4b3ae46ee701-project-architect