Architect / Architectural Designer
Complete Oak Home provides a turnkey service to private clients building lifetime or dream oak framed homes. The Complete Architect is the RIBA chartered practice design arm of this operation. We are a small close-knit team with a strong family ethos, our office is in Pewsham, just outside Chippenham, Wiltshire.
We are looking for an experienced, fully qualified architect, or a highly experienced architectural designer to join our team. We encourage our design team to own projects from start to finish, so we are looking for well-rounded designers, with strong creative and technical skills.
We are a multi-disciplinary team, offering our clients a turnkey service that wraps up all aspects of delivering a design and build project into a unique package. You must have the ability to work as part of this team and be flexible in your approach to match our clients’ needs. The ability to manage multiple projects and lead a client through all stages of a project is essential. This role will require you to have a personable character with excellent communication skills.
You must be:
- Able to work within a small team, and work independently
- Flexible in your approach to a project
- Someone that cares about creating and delivering great homes
- Eager to share experience and knowledge with others working on projects across the company
- Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Managing client relationships is key to this role and will include:
- Becoming involved at any stage of the process and can effectively input with minimal briefing
- Running multiple projects start to finish, to satisfaction of client, in profit and on time
- Taking the lead role in taking a project brief, developing initial proposals and detailed designs
- Contributing to winning new work
- Generating good PR for the practice
- Part 3 qualified with significant post qualification experience, or with equivalent experience as an architectural designer / architectural assistant in the private residential sector
- A thorough working knowledge of NPPF and typical local planning policies to identify opportunities and constraints for residential development projects across the UK
- A current working knowledge of UK Building Regulations
- An understanding of the sensitivities when communicating with and presenting to clients
- Ability to balance workload as the role may require you to balance more than one project at any one time
- Ideally with knowledge of Revit, alternatively AutoCAD or Sketchup.
What we can offer:
- An excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience
- 38 days holiday per annum, pension contribution and company shares
- A spacious, relaxed working environment in a semi-rural location
- An open, family friendly culture
- Willing to consider flexible part- or full-time hours
If you are interested in joining our team then please send a cover letter explaining why you are right person for this role and a CV covering your professional achievements and experiences. Please provide a brief portfolio in .pdf that includes examples of your best projects to show us that you right person for this role
We look forward to hearing from you.