Technical Architect / Architectural Technologist - London Bridge, London
A multidisciplinary company passionate about staff development and rewarding hard work, is looking for a confident Architectural Technologist or Technically strong Architect to join their London office on a permanent basis
My client is a multidisciplinary construction consultancy with six offices across the UK including London, Birmingham, Cambridge, Hampshire, Kent and Essex. Their services include architectural design, BIM, building surveying, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, project management, quantity surveying, and more.
With over 75 years of experience and more than 240 staff UK wide, the practice delivers projects across all major sectors, for public and private sector clients, including residential, retail, education, health and commercial, of which are both new build and refurbishments. As a company that takes pride in its people, developing and supporting them at every opportunity, they now require a like-minded Architectural Technologist or Technical Architect to join their London Bridge studio.
Role & Responsibilities
- Dealing professionally with clients and fellow professionals
- Proactive involvement with design development though RIBA Stages 4-6
- Act in a responsible, professional and organised manner
Required Skills & Experience
- Part III qualified as an Architect, or qualified as an Architectural Technologist
- Knowledge of NBS
- A minimum of 2 years PQE
- A fluent user of REVIT, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Experience working to BIM Level 2 would be hugely beneficial
- Competent in producing technical packages
- Happy to work predominantly on RIBA stages 4-6
- Minimum 3 years UK experience
- Experience in my client’s key sectors, particularly residential
- Fantastic eye for detail
- Confident liaising with clients and external professionals
- Able to work both independently and within a team
- Well organised with strong communication skills
- References will be required upon application
- Fantastic English both written and oral
- The right to work in the UK
Salary & Package
You will be offered a competitive salary depending on experience, alongside a host of benefits to support and assist you; including excellent contributory pension, life insurance and free eye tests. Office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. The company offer 24 days holiday a year, rising to 30 days depending on the length of service.
The practice recognises that hard work should receive excellent rewards and that’s why they pride themselves on being friendly and sociable with a great team atmosphere across all offices.
They are dedicated to training and developing staff, having received the Silver certificate of recognition by Investors in People (IIP) and they are keen to assist individuals with work related professional interests, providing practical and financial assistance to all.
Additionally, they have their own Sports and Social team who arrange events and activities for the entire company, alongside their annual Christmas party. Past events have included, meals out, snowboarding, bubble football and regular charity activities. However, the highlight of the year is their Summer event which gets bigger and better every year and has seen the teams previously enjoy the Euro-star to Paris and taking over London Zoo.