Technical Architect - London W1
A Technical Architecture job in London W1 within an AJ Top 50 practice has become available due to an increase in projects.
Over the last two decades, the company has built up a highly successful reputation for their fresh and enthusiastic design approach, right across the country; recognised by the number of industry awards they have won and their AJ100 status.
They have grown steadily to around 150 staff, with offices in Birmingham and London and UK wide project coverage. They have a portfolio of repeat clients, both private and public, including blue-chip and boutique developer clients, local councils, and cultural and health providers.
Their specialism is predominantly mid to high-end residential schemes; ranging from bespoke single occupancy dwellings up to multi-million-pound, multi-storey developments. Other projects include workplace, public and education, retail and leisure, health and master planning.
Role & Responsibilities
- To provide solid support to the Studio Director and guide the junior team
- Working on residential tower projects
- Control projects from inception to completion, to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Create building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist CAD applications (AutoCAD & Revit)
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects
- Work around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists
- Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments
- Write and present reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Travel regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings
- Play a part in project and team management
- Making sure the project is running according to schedule and budget
Required Skills & Experience
- Be a technically minded Architect with experience in RIBA stages 3-5
- Minimum of 4 years UK experience
- Large-scale residential/ residential tower project experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High levels of creativity, imagination and vision
- Willingness to work long hours, under time and budget pressure to meet deadlines efficiently
- A keen interest in the built environment and the dedication to see projects to their conclusion
- Excellent design and drafting skills and proficiency with computer-aided design
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD is essential
- Understanding of financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget
- Organisational, project management, and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of professionals
Salary & Package
Basic salary will depend on experience but is offered between £45,000 – £50,000.
In addition to this the company offers a pension plan (kicks in after 3-month probation period), regular CPD, cycle to work scheme, bonus and healthcare opportunities.
- Joining a socially tight-knit team of 35 in the London Studio, you will be given the opportunity to collaborate with a group of highly talented individuals and join a company that understands the importance of training and investing in their staff, as well as supporting their education and professional development.
- The team go for regular drinks on a Friday in addition to the usual Christmas bash; and the firm also operate summer and winter away days.