Employment Law is a complex and ever-changing subject (so for specific matters please be sure to take the appropriate legal advice). We aim here, however, to suggest sources of information on issues that relate to many of the most commonly asked questions by both employers and employees.
- The RIBA's Employment Policy and supporting material
- Public Services information on Employment from Directgov
- Workplace Law provides information and advice on employment issues
- The Department for Work and Pensions has a number of useful links and topics
- Details of ACAS (The Arbitration, Conciliation and Advisory Service)
Employers can find useful information on employment topics at business link (a service provided by the Small Business Service, an agency of the UK Government). Including regulations and tax issues.
Much of the information above is reproduced, within the confines of Crown Copyright, from the Department of Trade and Industry website. Information regarding contracts of employment is from the Architect's Publishing Handbook of Practice Management, 9th Edition, publish by RIBA, ISBN 9781859465059