An opportunity has recently arisen for an Architect to join an AJ top 30 practice based in the heart of Birmingham. The company pride themselves on offering a work life balance, recognising achievement and rewarding hard work.
Established over 50 years ago and with offices across the country, this friendly and lively company have developed a considerable amount of experience and expertise in a very wide range of building projects, often with great technical complexity. They have successfully completed many projects with diverse uses such as; arts/cultural, commercial, defence, education, healthcare, leisure, research, residential, and restoration.
Due to an increase in their current workload, they are now looking for a talented and highly-motivated Senior Architect to join them on a full time basis.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be working on small to medium size projects in a variety of sectors. This role will involve running projects through all RIBA stages and working closely with clients, so client facing experience is essential for this position.
Typical responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working across all project stages and be able to take your own projects through from inception through to completion
- Concept design
- Project planning
- Design coordination
- Planning drawings/ submissions
- Working and managing a team
- Construction drawings and information
- Site visits
- Preparing statutory submissions
- Contract administration
Required Skills & Experience
The position would suit an ambitious individual with strong conceptual design and presentation skills, combined with excellent organisational and technical ability.
Candidates should meet the following requirements;
- Part III Qualified or equivalent
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience working within the UK
- Strong hand drawing skills
- Job running and client facing experience
- Strong knowledge of UK planning and building regulations
- Working to tight deadlines independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, along with the knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Rhino
A sound and practical understanding of Autodesk Revit is desirable.
Salary & Benefits
The role would offer a salary of £32,000 to £40,000 depending on experience, plus the following benefits:
-Profit related bonus scheme
-Childcare voucher scheme
-Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
The company is located in a populated area in the centre of Birmingham with good access to the local shops and restaurants. They offer a very healthy work/life balance and the opportunity to grow in confidence and ability through staff training programmes and regular CPD events. Fully qualified staff are rewarded with a three day weekend every 2 weeks.