Design and Planning Engineer
Based out of our design office in Finchley Central in North London, this is a busy and varied role that crosses the critical areas of this unique business: pushing the project through from concept to planning to execution and completion. Ideally suited to a highly organised individual from a technical background who is happy to work in a small business environment, and someone that is looking for, and happy to have, responsibility. As a small business we can offer great flexibility, a varied role and an opportunity to get involved in different areas and facets of the business. There will be a degree of travelling involved mainly around the UK but also abroad (to a lesser extent).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for all aspects of the fireplace installation, including the planning, the execution and the completion.
- Manage and work alongside the fitting engineers on site to ensure projects are completed and fulfilled smoothly.
- Conduct detailed site surveys to link into the design, and the installation plan of new projects.
- Produce CAD drawings of design overviews for the fabricators, architects, designers, customers and builders.
- Liaise with builders, architects, designers and customers ensuring projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaise with the fabricators to ensure a successful manufacture and delivery.
- Liaise with suppliers to order other parts needed for a project.
- Working closely with in-house Project Manager to ensure a successful project management process.
- Manage stock levels and the storage room.
Main skills/attributes needed
- Is able to demonstrate strong experience in a technical background (Design / Engineering)
- Proficient using Autocad 2D
- Some Project Management experience
- Hands on approach: prepared to put in the effort and hard work to make the planned details actually happen
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A proactive approach to work
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Full and clean driving licence
- Degree level in design/engineering/technical subject
- Proficient using Sketch Up
- Practical knowledge of using power tools and ideally metalwork
- Basic knowledge of building materials
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Own car
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please detail where you first heard of the job.
Apply for Design and Planning Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly