Technical Part II Architectural Assistant/Architect
With an enviable portfolio of prestigious projects, you’ll be working for one of the most well established, high end residential focused practices in London.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a technically minded Part II Architectural Assistant, to join an established Architecture and Design consultancy based in the beautiful Chelsea Harbour. With a prestigious client base stretching across prime areas of London, including the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, the practice has developed a strong reputation for delivering some of the most luxurious and bespoke properties not only in England, but also in Europe, America and Asia.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be brought in to support the team with their current project workload, specifically within the super prime residential sector. Although as a Part II you will get to work throughout all RIBA stages of projects, it is important that you are able to produce high quality technical drawing packages and construction detailing, as you will initially be brought in to stage 4 of a project and will be expected to apply your technical skills to a number of other complex and bespoke residential projects.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Preparing planning drawings for statutory approval authorities
- Preparing and presenting technical 2D design solutions using Auto CAD and traditional methods
- Producing production information
- Produce construction packages
- Undertake technical research in to products and building materials as directed by the Technical Director
- Assist with site inspections by either condition surveys, site progress and analysis of build work and defects
- Undertake quality inspections, i.e. snagging
- Prepare photographic, sketch up and 3D visuals
- Assist with the detailed design process of small schemes and layouts for space planning
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working within the high-end residential sector, ideally with a portfolio of projects across prime boroughs of London
- Good knowledge of UK planning and building consents
- A minimum of 2 years UK experience
- Fully qualified as a Part II Architectural Assistant
- Confident working in technical design and construction stages
- A good eye for detail
- Able to think in 3 dimension
- Good hand sketching skills are hugely beneficial
- A high level of proficiency in AutoCAD
- NBS experience is beneficial but not essential
- Able to work using your own initiative
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Fantastic written and verbal English
Salary & Package
- £30,000 - £33,000
- Workplace pension
- 20 days holiday (increasing after 2 years of service by 1 day a year, up to 25 days) + bank holidays
- Additional Christmas office closure
What you get back
- Social events
- Team building
- Close to local amenities
- Good transport links
- Company trips abroad
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge. All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Apply for Technical Part II Architectural Assistant/Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly