Architectural Technician / Technologist
We are an architectural and interior design practice seeking a professional and approachable architectural technician / technologist to join our team. This is a new position and we are looking for someone with experience in a similar role.
The successful candidate must be experienced in co-ordinating multiple tasks while responding to changing deadlines. The role will include a very varied workload; time management, communication and organisational skills are essential. We are looking for an architectural technologist who will be effective and efficient in the day-to-day operation of our office.
- Experience of working on residential buildings, new build and listed.
- Good technical and detailing skills, knowledge of UK Building Regulations and construction methods.
- Fast, efficient, accurate, CAD draughting (AutoCAD LT).
- Technical skills in working with new and existing buildings.
- The ability to produce clear, concise working drawings and NBS specifications to a consistently high standard.
- The ability to take responsibility, meet project deadlines, to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as your role may require you to liaise with clients/contractors/consultants on a day to day basis.
- IT literate.
- Proactive in identifying issues or problems.
- Experienced in the submission of planning applications and access statements, liaising with historical consultants, planners and environmental consultants.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi task under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills tailored for a professional environment
- Punctual, driven, self-motivated and confident
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Adobe programs Indesign and Photoshop
- Confident driver
- Professional and presentable
- Helpful and positive, willing to get involved in a wide variety of tasks and projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think logically and look for alternative solutions